Why Are Young Adults Choosing Lasik?
Lasik surgery offers a multitude of benefits. From the dream of a life without glasses or contacts to the ease of playing sports, millennials and Gen Z are loving the surgical option over traditional vision aids.
The following looks at the reasons why so many younger adults are opting for the many perks brought about by Lasik treatment.
The Exponential Increase in Younger Adults Choosing Lasik
- Younger adults love the Lasik advantage
- Lasik: a lunchtime procedure
Younger adults love the Lasik advantage
Lasik surgery is an advanced procedure that can, in many cases, lead to a life free from vision correction aids. This is especially true for those in their 20s and 30s, which is just one of the many reasons so many opt to have it carried out.
While it is—indeed—a form of surgery, advances mean that not only is Lasik quick to perform, but the recovery period is also fast.
- Generally a pain-free procedure
- Around 95% of people find their vision improves to 20/40 or better. With 85% returning to 20/20 vision
- The results are permanent (although prescription changes can still occur over time)
- Improvements in vision are often gained immediately after surgery
- Should vision degrade in the future, it’s usually appropriate to improve it once again with a further Lasik procedure
- Many patients benefit from not having to wear glasses or contact lenses at all post-Lasik
- Although there is, of course, an up-front cost for the procedure, any people find that Lasik offers overall lifetime savings on the cost of prescriptions for glasses and/or contact lenses
Lasik: a lunchtime procedure
Lasik surgery involves a small incision being made in the cornea to reshape the organ. This is done using two different lasers and only takes a skilled surgeon a few minutes. Because of this, it really is possible to have Lasik carried out during your lunch break. There is usually no need for stitches or dressings, and you can resume normal activities within the next 24 hours.
Never Mind Younger Adults Choosing Lasik: It’s appropriate for the older generation too
- Lasik: later life benefits
Lasik: later life benefits
Lasik is also being embraced by those a little further along their life path, with those in their 40s, 50s, and even older taking advantage. Thanks to recent advances in laser vision correction, even issues that were unable to be treated in the past can often be successfully improved with Lasik.
For older people, the likelihood of having to use some kind of other visual aids post-Lasik, such as contacts or glasses, for certain activities might be necessary. However, even if you need them for—say—driving or reading, the vast majority of your life is likely to be free from such encumberment.
Interested in Lasik? Contact the West Boca Eye Center Today
No matter what your age, the key to the best Lasik results is directly impacted by the skill of the surgeon carrying out the procedure. At the WBEC, lead clinician, Brent Bellotte MD., is globally renowned for his expertise in laser eye vision correction.
He has, and continues, to play a pivotal role in the advancement of the procedure of Lasik and all related surgeries. This means that the procedures on offer at his purpose-built clinic are cutting edge—and often available here way before they become commonplace at other locations. There’s a reason so many people flock from around the nation to his Boca Raton clinic—it’s simply because it’s one of the best in the world.
Discover more at https://westbocaeyecenter.com and get in touch today to discuss your requirements.